The Florida Guardian ad Litem Program is proud to announce a new series of guardian ad litem volunteer pre-service training videos – GAL Volunteer Training Course with Interpreters and Closed Captioning for the hearing impaired community. These videos are available as a resource for those potential GAL volunteers who have a hearing impairment and would like a sign language interpreter in their efforts to become a GAL volunteer.
The videos include six classes:
- Class One – GAL Program Overview and Expectations; Best Interest Advocacy
- Class Two – Path of a Case Permanency – Shelter, Arraignment and Disposition Hearing
- Class Three – Gathering Information – Educational Advocacy
- Class Four – Cultural Diversity – Working with Children and Families
- Class Five – Report Writing and Appearing in Court
- Class Six – OPTIMA, Permanency and Case Monitoring
To access these videos, go to Training Videos
You will be asked to provide a password. The password is GALInterpret – the password is case sensitive.