Correctional Facilities

If you are working with a child whose parent is incarcerated, please review the programs available at their correctional facility.  If their facility does not have the programming required by the family case plan, document that the parent is expected to request a transfer to a facility with the required programming so they are able to complete their case plan.  To find out more about how to request an inmate transfer to another facility go to FAQ: Inmate Transfers

You can find out which facility a parent is currently in by using the Department of Corrections Inmate Population Information Search.

Along with contact information, you can find information regarding correctional facilities programs for inmates such as academic programs, vocational programs, substance abuse programs, chaplaincy services, institutional betterment programs, faith-based character/self-betterment programs and P.R.I.D.E. assignments, below.