Independent Study – Phase One
Dynamics of Child Sexual Abuse
Trafficking of Children – Child Labor and Commercial Sexual Exploitation (CSEC)
Psychotropic Medications and our Foster Youth (September 2015)
Psychotropic Medications and our Foster Youth, Christine Meyer, Supervising Attorney, Guardian ad Litem Program. “You can’t patch a wounded soul with a Band-Aid.” As advocates for children, the Guardian ad Litem Program is not looking for a temporary fix for a child’s emotional needs. Foster Care children are prescribed psychotropic medications at rates significantly higher than their same-aged peers. This training will provide attendees with an understanding and workable knowledge of the laws and policies that exist to protect and monitor the children and youth who are taking these powerful medications.
GAL Volunteer Testimony Workshop (June 2015)
GAL Volunteer Testimony Workshop Part I and II. Hillary Kambour, Esq. , the GAL Program’s former Director of Training explains everything a GAL Volunteer needs to know about the courtroom process. Hillary explains courtroom rules, practice and procedure in the two part training below.
- Compassion Fatigue – Thomas Gillan, CFS, CSTS, CLC | Founder & Director, PSU Crisis Management and Training Group, Inc.
- The Value of Permanency – Alan Abramowitz | Executive Director, Guardian ad Litem Program & Jennifer Benham, MSW | Consultant, Casey Family Programs
- Keys to Independence -Alan Abramowitz | Executive Director, Guardian ad Litem Program
- Sharing our Narrative: Sex Trafficking and Comercial Exlotation of Children – Lawanda Ravoira | President and CEO, Delores Barr Weaver Policy Center
- YouthSHINE Panel – Christina Spudeas | Executive Director, Florida’s Children First; Jessica Overstreet | Florida YouthSHINE & Dan, Colbernesha, Danielle, and Christian | Florida YouthSHINE